Wednesday, March 12, 2014

CoC - Angels of Death


As one of my first Convergence of Cyriss purchases, I've had these angels for a while now, which, unfortunately means that I don't have a pre-assembly picture of them for you to see what comes in a blister.  In exchange, I do have a couple pictures of my fully painted unit for your viewing pleasure.


I went with a fairly simple color scheme for my army.  The basic concept of my army colors is Thamar Black for the armor parts to give the models a dark look.  For some contrast colors I went with Skorne Red, which, I think goes really well with the black.  In the Angels case, the red was used on the wing blades and the face plate.  The inner working parts like cogs/gears/tubing/hydraulics are painted Molten Bronze to complement the dark look.  For the weapons I again chose a darker pigment with the Pig Iron color and finally for the the smaller details like energy lines/eyes/lights I went with Beaten Purple.  Once the model was finished I gave it a glossy finish to give it the nice and shiny factory polish look.  As for the front arc on the base, I went with Ember Orange to make it really stand out and apart from the model.



By now some people may have noticed that I'm missing a piece from all of my models.  What piece?  The loin clothes.  I for one, don't really see the point of a robot having a small piece of fabric attached to it so I decided to leave it off completely.  Not to mention that I couldn't come up with a color to paint it and by just looking at it I saw that it will be hard to pin and I'm an ardent supporter of pinning everything.  So I guess I should mention here that these models are all pinned at the separate parts that they came in (arms/wings/bent leg/base).  I also ended up cutting off the little pile of rocks that the "grunt" models came with since that didn't really go well with my custom basing.



Here are a couple closer shots to see some of the smaller details that was done with Beaten Purple like the eyes, runes on the sword and if you look closely enough you can see some power lines on the hands.  Unfortunately, some of the other smaller details on the sword guard or the chest Cyriss symbol aren't visible.

All in all, I'm fairly pleased with how they turned out and that I already have a full unit painted.  Especially seeing as I'm doubtful that I will be painting anymore of them in the future seeing as I'm not planning on playing Aurora tier list and finding it hard to put them in other lists.

Up next for CoC... Attunement Servitors... probably... :).

No comments:

Post a Comment